Keeping your sat phone powered up at all times is crucial, so if you need accessories like the Iridium 9555 high capacity battery or compatible travel charger, Canada Satellite’s Iridium range offers it all. A satellite phone is a lifesaver when traveling to remote areas and having backup power means you’re prepared for any situation.
For a few extra dollars, having spares like the Iridium Extreme battery for your Iridium Extreme phone can save you a lot of hassle and money later. You could own the most expensive, high-end sat phone but if it runs out of power, it’s inoperable and useless leaving you stranded.
As a leading satellite provider, Iridium manufactures handsets and accessories for you to stay connected using the network of 66 cross-linked low orbit satellites around the globe that provide pole-to-pole coverage.
Power it Up!
Having a spare battery is an indispensable accessory for extended travel, so consider getting backup power to be fully prepared. Note that the Iridium range of batteries offer compatibility with different phones:
- The rechargeable Li-Ion Iridium 9555 battery, which is designed to be charged only inside the Iridium 9555 handset. With full power, this battery offers over 3 hours talk time and 30 hours on standby.
- The Iridium 9555 high capacity battery is designed to provide customers with up to 6.5 hours of talk time and up to 43 hours of standby time in full network coverage. It can be used as a replacement for the Iridium 9555 battery or as a spare battery for extended travel.
- The high capacity Iridium 9500 battery is compatible with both the Iridium 9500 and 9505 handsets (not the 9505a model, which has the power port on the side of the handset). It provides up to 3.8 hours talk time and 34 hours on standby.
- The Iridium 9505a battery is specific to the 9505a phone with a fast charge of just over 3 hours to full capacity. The battery provides 3.2 hours of talk time and 30 hours on standby.
- The Iridium 9575 battery for the Iridium Extreme satellite phone is a high capacity unit with 6.5 hours of talk time and 43 hours on standby time with full network coverage.
- The Iridium GO! rechargeable Li-ion battery is compatible only with the Iridium GO! unit. It offers up to 5.5 hours of talk or data use and 15.5 hours on standby.
If you’re on a budget and looking a more cost-effective alternative, consider what preowned accessories are available like the refurbished Iridium 9555 battery that comes with a 12-month warranty.
Having a portable power source gives you complete peace of mind that your devices won’t let you down. The Anker external battery charger has double-speed recharging with USB ports compatible with most smart devices.
If you travel infrequently, but need additional backup for the journey, you can choose to rent the Anker battery charger instead of having to purchase. It’s more economical for those once-off trips.